From Roebuck Park to NorthPark
How It Started
Roebuck Park Baptist Church was started as a mission at 216 Roebuck Drive in Birmingham, AL from 85th Street Baptist Church. The first Sunday School and Church Service was held on February 20, 1955 with 101 people in attendance. By June of 1963, the membership reached 800. As the church continued to grow in that location, the membership soon reached 1,433 by March of 1971. Within 2 1/2 years, the membership stood at 1,709 as of October 1, 1973. By January 1978, the membership reached 1,933. On June 1, 1980, Roebuck Park celebrated its 25th Anniversary with a membership of 2,076.
The Birth of NorthPark
Through the ministry of several of its former pastors, Roebuck Park began to look into the Trussville area as a part of the future of Roebuck Park. Land was purchased on Deerfoot Parkway in Trussville. In January 1997, Roebuck Park began satellite Sunday School and Church Service at Clay-Chalkville High School. Sunday School and Church Services continued at both the Roebuck Park Campus and at Clay-Chalkville High School. Roebuck Park called its current pastor, Dr. Bill Wilks, in October of 1999. He saw the need to get everyone together at one location so the Roebuck Park Campus and the satellite church began meeting together at Hewitt-Trussville High School (which is now the Hewitt-Trussville Middle School). The church broke ground on the new location on Deerfoot Parkway on August 26, 2001. On September 16, 2001, Roebuck Park Baptist Church became NorthPark Baptist Church. On November, 3, 2002, NorthPark Baptist Church held its first service in its new location, which is now its current location on Deerfoot Parkway. NorthPark now has Life Groups (formerly called Sunday School) which meet at 8:15, 9:30, and 11:00 AM each Sunday. Worship Services are at 9:30 and 11:00 AM.