Plan for Reopening of NorthPark
Here are the basic details for the reopening of Worship Services at NorthPark. There will be more communication in the coming days. We are encouraging families to worship together. This summer will be a season of family worship. We encourage you to see this moment as a great opportunity for the spiritual development of your family.
Note: Worship Services will continue to be available online.
Return to Meeting Inside NPBC
Service times: 8:30 AM & 11:00 AM
- Capacity in the services should not exceed 330 persons.
- The service length will be one hour.
- Reservations for the worship services will be made on EventBrite.
- The 8:30 AM service will be promoted toward those in “at-risk” categories.
- Click here to make reservations for the 8:30 AM service.
- Click here to make reservations for the 11:00 AM service.
- MASKS ARE NOW REQUIRED. We do not expect for children under the age of 2 to wear a mask. Children 8 and under are left up to the discretion of parents.
- You can also call the church office at (205) 352-4010 to make reservations for any service.
- We will use every-other-row in the worship room. Families will sit together and 3 chairs will be left empty between families.
- All doors will be propped open. There will be no shaking hands or other physical contact.
- We will have directional arrows for entrance and exit (in the lobby). There will be an organized dismissal of Worship Center. We will dismiss by sections. This way everyone does not become crowded in the halls or lobby.
- Bulletin, sermon notes, and prayer card will be on NP app and website. Bulletins will be handed out by an usher wearing a mask and gloves.
- We will have baskets at doors for receiving offerings.
- Mask wearing will be encouraged, but not required.
- We will provide masks for people if they need them. (Some kind ladies in our church have made 500 masks.)
- All greeters and ministers will wear a mask when not on the platform.
- We will not have a guest reception at this time.
- We will not operate the golf cart shuttles at this time.
- Our safety response team will monitor the number of people coming into the service and monitor the flow of traffic.
- There will be no coffee. (Individuals are free to bring their own coffee.)
- Families with small children are welcome to bring an iPad or similar device for children to utilize during the service.
- The service length will be one hour (similar to our family worship services).
- We will not have any preschool or children’s classes.
- There will be rooms designated for nursing moms. There will also be ‘crying rooms’ for babies. Parents can take young children here if needed.
- The Worship Room, chairs, and lobby will be cleaned before, in-between, and after each service. This will provide a clean and safe place for our church family to worship.
- We will have a cleaning staff continually cleaning the bathrooms.
- 12 new hand sanitization stations will be in place around the church building.
Adult Life Groups:
- Life Groups who do not need childcare are permitted to meet.
- Most of these will meet from 9:45 AM – 10:45 AM.
- Student and Children Life Groups will not meet in person on Sunday’s at NorthPark.
We are so excited to gather back together, in person, on June 7. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions regarding our reopening plan!